In addition to my private practice in East Oxford, I am a counsellor assessor in a women's counselling centre and a counselling supervisor in a men's counselling service; previously I was a counsellor in these centres for a few years. . Prior to my counselling training, I managed a County Council Leaving Care Service, working with young people in care and care leavers aged 16-25, including people seeking asylum. Also, I have worked in supported housing for young parents, adults and vulnerable young people and in a domestic abuse service. Therefore, I have over 30 years’ experience in supporting people through life's diverse challenges.
"It is the relationship that heals...the encounter itself is healing for the patient in a way that transcends the therapist's theoretical orientation" (Yalom, 2005)
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling: Principles and Practice (4 years), validated by Oxford Brookes University.
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis (2 years). A BACP accredited course and validated by Middlesex University.
- BA (Hons) in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis (1 year top up) validated by Middlesex University
- NVQ 4 in Social and Health Care.
I am committed to continual professional development and I attend regular supervisions.
- I am an Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP).
My practice room is in a counselling centre in East Oxford within easy reach of Oxford city centre and the ring road. There is free street parking and the number 3 bus stop is within a few minutes walking distance.
For my location CLICK HERE for Google Maps